The Demography Experts Association (DEx) is a nationwide network of qualified consultants, trainers and experts in the field of the demographic change. We commit ourselves to the sustainable promotion of education and support measures which will long- lastingly tackle the challenges erupted by the demographic change.
The market of demography consultancy is marked by a wide variety of methodological and technical approaches that can be selected and used depending on the activity areas. There are no state-regulated access requirements and no state-regulated financial statements. To ensure transparency and to protect the interests of every customer, the members of the DEx commit to the following values and quality standards.
“Quality - Transparency - Integrity”
The demographic-guides commit to the protection of human dignity as laid out in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Germany. According to this, every human being has untouchable rights and an inalienable dignity, regardless of his or her personal abilities. The demographic-guides apply methods that reflect upon such a position. They neither belong to institutions or groups that disagree with such a view on the human dignity, nor do they work with conflicting methods.
- The demographic-guides are obliged to use the personal and company information they receive as part of their activity in a strictly confidential way and will not disclose such information to third parties.
- Throughout the talks with a potential client, the demographic-guides deliver true and honest information about their business, especially regarding the possible activities that the firm can conduct and has conducted for former clients so far. They commit themselves not to provide misleading information about their own professional qualifications and intentions.
- The demographic-guides suitably present their methods and approaches. They are able to self-critically evaluate the limits of their knowledge and can estimate their skills; therefore, they offer only services which they themselves can provide with their professional competencies. In accordance with the client, specific expectations are being discussed and evaluated upon their potential benefits for the contracting entity. The demographic-guides provide realistic assessment about performance, schedule and costs of the project, and do their utmost to adhere to their estimations. They see themselves as developers of recommendations and guides throughout the implementation process.
- The demographic-guides constantly update their methodological skills and thematic expertise to guarantee the best-possible standards. They are in charge of their own continuous education, and they administer the exchange of experiences and information with other demographic-guides.
- The relationship among the demographic-guides is characterized by respect for each other, collegiality, fairness and cooperation.